A holiday of 7 days in the Gran Paradiso National Park for whom wishes to hike in the oldest national park in Italy. In the Alps’ heart, in Aosta Valley.
Light backpack and comfortable accommodation. We will always sleep at the valley’s bottom, except for once: one unusual night at the feet of Gran Paradiso in the mountain hut named after the first king of Italy, Vittorio Emanuele II, where the hike to the summit of Gran Paradiso starts.
What if it rains? Relax at Terme di Pré-Saint-Didier visit at UNESCO in the Piemonte region, or at valdostan castles.
Arrival at Malpensa and visit at the Alps’ Museum and at Paradisia Alpine Botanical Garden.
- Flight Lufthansa (1400 euro A/R).
- Departure from Hong Kong Tuesday at 23:20 and arrival at Milano Malpensa Wednesday at 8:20.
- Return from Milan Malpensa Wednesday at 20.15 and arrival in Hong Kong Thursday at 15:30.
Minivan rent (150 euro/pax)
- minivan 9 seat for 8 days 1200 euro.
Trasfer by Malpensa Airport to Bard’s Fort (130 km – 1h30).
- Visit at Alps’ Museum (entry 8 euro) and voyage information;
- lunch at a traditional restaurant (25 euro);
- Trasfer from Bard to Hotel Nôtre Maison in Cogne (75 km – 1h15);
- Visit at Paradisia Alpine Botanical Garden, (entry 3 euro), dinner and hotel (dinner, night and breakfast 110 euro/pax);
Lillaz’ waterfalls and Loie’s lake Tour.
- trasfer by minibus at Lillaz and hike until the Loie’s lake through the pine forest and the Alpine grassland;
- lunch box at Loie’s lake (10 euro);
- return from Bardoney’s valley walking on a part of Tor des Geants;
- visit to two monumental trees and return through Lillaz’ waterfalls.
- return atHotel Nôtre Maison in Cogne.
↑900 m 2h20 +↓900 m 1h50 + 0h30 = 4h40 ↔ 12 km
Our first mountain hut and the Royal roads in National Park.
- Transfer with minibus at Valnontey (3 km – 0h05);
- hike at Vittorio Sella’s mountain hut in the Loson/Lauson’s valley searching for Alpine Ibex;
- lunch at the mountain hut (30 euro);
- for those who wish, hike at the Loson/Lauson’s pass or hike at Loson/Lauson’s lakes, or relax at the hut;
- return at Hotel Nôtre Maison in Cogne.
↑900 m 2h30 +↓900 m 2h00 = 4h30 ↔ 11 km
Transfer in the heart of the National Park and first night in Vittorio Emanuele II’s mountain hut.
- Transfer with minibus in the heart of the Gran Paradiso National Park at Pont of Valsavarenche (50 km – 1h15);
- hike at Rifugio Vittorio Emanuele II at the bottom of Gran Paradiso;
- for those who wish, hike at the eternal snows of Gran Paradiso glacier or at the Moncorvé’s glacier or relax at the hut;
- lunch, dinner and night at the hut (75 euro).
Crossing from Vittorio Emanuele II’s mountain hut to Chabod’s mountain hut and return down the valley.
- Crossing on height from Vittorio Emanuele II’s hut to Federico Chabod’s hut;
- lunch at Federico Chabod’s hut (30 euro);
- return down the valley through the Royal Road;
- Transfer in minibus at Tètras Lyre’s hut (3 km – 0h05);
- dinner and night in the hut (60 euro).
↑300 m 1h00 +↓1200 m 2h30 + 0h40 = 4h10 ↔ 11 km
The Nivolet’s pass and the Città di Chivasso’s hut.
- hike at Città di Chivasso’s hut through the mule road of Nivolet’s valley;
- lunch at the hut (25 euro);
- return from the panoramic military road and downhill at the Aroley’s Cross;
- transfer with minibus in Rhêmes’ valley (40 km 1h00);
- dinner and night atHotel Granta Parey (80 euro).
↑700 m 2h00 +↓700 m 1h30 + 0h30 = 5h00 ↔ 16 km
Visit at an mountain pasture in the Gran Paradiso National Park: how the park’s cheese born.
- Visit at Entrelor’s mountain pasture owned by the Istituto Agricolo Regionale in the Rhemes valley and tasting of typical and traditional products (10 euro);
- lunch box (5 euro);
- hike at the Col Gollien looking for chamois;
- return from the Sort’s valley through the Park Ranger’s hut;
- dinner and night at the Hotel Granta Parey (80 euro).
↑800 m 2h30 +↓800 m 1h40 = 4h10 ↔ 9 km
Shopping, visit at Aosta, of the Roman roads to Gaul and return’s journey.
- transfer from the hotel to Aosta (30 km – 0h45);
- Shopping in Aosta and visit to the Roman and medieval monuments in the city;
- lunch in traditional restaurant (25 euro);
- transfer from Aosta to Donnas (50 km – 0h40);
- Visit of the Roman road to Gaul and the bridge in Pont-Saint-Martin;
- transfer from Pont-Saint-Martin to Malpensa Airport (130 km – 1h30);
- Snack (20 euro) before the flight home.
How much does this holiday cost per person with a light backpack and comfortable accommodation for 8 days and 7 nights in the Gran Paradiso National Park?
- Flight from 1400 euro/pax;
- auto/minibus rent including gasoline 175 euro/pax;
- dinner, nights and breakfast 625 euro/pax;
- lunch box or touristic menu 180 euro/pax;
- entrance tickets 20 euro/pax.
Total 2400 euro/pax.
- If you are not a DIY tourist you will need to add the Travel Agency fees: about 250 euro/pax.
- If you wish to be guided by an Environmental Hike Guide during your hikes add 18 euro/pax per day.
And for the less sporty friends I advise a good book and the sweet enjoyment of the Italian leisure between Valle d’Aosta’s mountains