Guided hike in the Salassi’s village at La Magdeleine.
We will get up at the Valery’s mountain pasture with the service of public transportation and from there we will walk surrounded by Alpine pastures until the pic-nic area at Pilaz. Continuing in the wood reaching Charey Lake where we will leave the path for a dizen of minutes and walk on a large mountain way serving the following mountain pastures, until the belvedere path. We will visit the archeological excavation of mysterious village, dated in the Iron-Age and eat our lunch-box exactly where the Sallassi ate 2000 years ago. In the afternoon we will continue walking on the belvedre path until the hillside of Mount Tantané and down hill to the Charey Lake for a light snack, continuing our return through the mountain way to Pilaz and at the end of the path, where we will take the bus back.
Hike of about 11 Km with 600 meters ca. of height difference uphill adn as many downhill. To hike in about 5h00 hours of calm and relaxed walk.
Effective time of walk (theoric) 3h45
Difficulty: escursionistic. Some pieces are slightly exposed and in some other brief parts, the path is steep. Low risk of rock drop from above.
- 13 november.
- 18 € FULL RATE;
- 12 € REDUCED RATE: holder of discounts offered by the convetionned stores, holder of A.S.D. SPORT ANTEY card, CAI’s partners, other associations coupon holders;
- 6 € kids and young until 18 years old accompanied by an adult responsable;
- Free rate for the aspiring GAE and the AIGAE Guides
The participation rate includes
- projectation and organization expences,
- assistence Guida Ambientale Escursionistica,
- the signing up and the A.S.D. SPORT ANTEY card,
- insurance against accindent and damage included in the A.S.D. SPORT ANTEY card.
The participation rate does not include
- the travel until before reaching the path in Valery’s mountain pasture,
- the lunch-box,
- everything not expressively written.
- In red the itinerary to enter the Salassi’s Village in La Magdeleine,
- In yellow the itinerary to return from the Salassi’s Village in La Magdeleine.
(Click sul + a destra della carta per visualizzare separatamente gli itinerari o le curve di livello)
- Rendez-vous at the cable-car Buisson-Chamois at the arrival at 9:30 sharp;
- Rendez-vous at the bar 2MANYSPORTS 9:40 sharp;
- Rendez-vous at the Toursitic Bureau of Antey at 9:45 sharp;
- Departure from the path 1A right under Valery mountain pasture at 10:00.
Mandatory reservation within 18:30 of the day before the hike (tel. +39 338 58 38 015 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
The hike will be deleted, with a notification to whom has already reserved, in case the minimum parteciaption of 4 people will not be reached (max 8 per guide).
How to get here
- Bus SAVDA, departure from Milano Lampugnano at 7:15 am and arrival at Antey-Tourism Bureau at 9:40 am. (Stops at Novara West, Pont-Saint-Martin, , Châtillon – change). RITORNO Departure from Antey-Tourism Bureau at 17:55 and arrival in Milano Lampugnano at 20:30. (Stops at Châtillon – change, Verrès, Pont-Saint-Martin, Novara West).
- Car-sharing: www.blablacar.it
- By car: Google Maps
Difficulties & dangers
- 3h45 effective walking time (theoric),
- ↑600 m 1h45 Height differences uphill and theorical time of hiking uphill,
- ↓600 m 1h15 Height differences downhill and theorical time of hiking downhill.
- ↔ 0h45 theorical time of hiking in flat.
- 1874 m height of the departure,
- 2437 m maximum height.
- hike boots or mountain boots,
- at least 1,5 L of non-alcoholic beverage,
- K-way, pile e technic t-shirt,
- sun-cream and sun-glasses,
- backpack with energetic food and lunch-box.
- hike sticks,
- long trousers,
Conditions (read also the FAQ)
- The hike can variet in relation with the weather and environmental conditions and in relation with the psyco-physics condition of the hikers.
- The hikers must inform the guide, before the departure, also privatly, every condition which could put in danger the security of the group partucilary: allegies (to pollins, insects, etc…), phobias (of height, of people, dogs, darkness, …) and other pathologies which could limit the physical efficency and movements.
- the guide has the right to exclude, before the start of the hike and the collection of the rates, whom might not be able to substain the hike for physical, psycological or equipment reasons.
- In case of a motivated exclusion, no refund will be made except the rate paid at the departure.
- In case of waiver, please inform the guide as soon as possible.
- The hikes need to follow the instructions of the guide and do not leave the group or the path without authorization.